every game, some games will finish short of the hour while others might run past the
hour. Please respect your Stay In Play Staff's call in this matter.
6. 9 players (at least 3 females) in the field at all times (THERE MUST BE AT LEAST
1 FEMALE IN THE OUTFIELD & 1 FEMALE IN THE INFIELD). THE
CATCHER IS NOT CONSIDERED AS A FIELDER WHEN APPLYING THIS
RULE. Stay In Play rules will allow a team to play with a minimum of 8 players (at least
2 females). If only 2 women are present at game time, they must kick twice within the
first 10 kickers.
7. Teams may kick more than 9 players; however, these teams must continue to kick
with the same guy, girl, guy, girl rotation, unless their opponent allows otherwise (i.e. in
the case of only 8 players). In situations where additional players wish to kick, the
line-up must continue to reflect the guy, girl, guy, girl rotation, even if some women
need to kick twice in the rotation. Maximum of 12 players.
8. Inning Run Limit Rule: There will be a 6 run limit per inning through innings 1-4.
(Exception: Unlimited runs may be scored if one of innings 1-4 is declared the final
inning of the game). Unlimited runs may be scored in innings 5-7 always. Game mercy
rule: 10 runs up after 5 complete innings.
9. No leadoffs or stealing. Runners can leave the base once the ball crosses the plane of
the plate or is hit kicked by the kicker. If a runner leaves early, the ball is dead and the
runner is declared out. If this is the 3rd out of the inning, the kicker will be first up in
the next inning.
10. Games start on time!!! Teams must be prepared to play. Forfeit Rule: 10 minutes
after game time. If one team has less than the minimum number of players (8 total w/ 2
females) at ten past the designated start time, it is up to the Stay In Play Staff and
opposing team as to what is allowable. The Stay In Play Staff member will ultimately
make this decision.
11. Stay In Play Staff will closely watch base runner to defensive player contact. Any
excessive contact or collision will result in an out and/or ejection. This includes contact
with the catcher. Sliding is allowed. Any sliding into a base to break up a double play, or
any intentional (in the eyes of the umpire) interference with the defensive player, the
runner and kicker/runner will be called out.